As we boarded the plane in Detroit, the wind chill outside was -9 degrees. That’s 41 degrees below freezing. Today in Dallas, it was 41 degrees above freezing. I love Texas.
Rachel and I are excited to get to spend about a month here with our friends and family after completing our first semester at New Tribes. We’re 1/4th of the way finished in Michigan, and so far we have worked our way through:
- Biblical Foundations (a survey),
- Bibliology (how we got the Bible),
- Hermeneutics (principles of interpretation),
- Pentateuch (Genesis – Deuteronomy),
- Old Testament History (Joshua – 2 Kings/Chronicles)
- and electives on Islam, Cultural & Geographical background of Acts, and Ruth/Ecclesiastes/Song of Solomon
We look forward to building on the Old Testament foundation next semester as we start with a study of the Prophets before moving into the Life of Christ and the New Testament.
But for now, we’re looking forward to Texas.
We would appreciate your prayers as we do some traveling around the Dallas area, as well as trips to see Rachel’s family, and our friends in College Station. And as always, please keep Rachel and the baby in your prayers. Thanks!